On Thursday, some of the Kapiti Schools participated in a Rippa Rugby Tournament, and I (Daniel S) was one of the lucky students to participate. There was many, many students from schools all over Kapiti, and our school (St. Pats) was one of the schools who participated. Our yr7/8 team won 1 game of 8 games, and here are the stats of how the Games went:
- Game 1. St.Pats V Waikanae B. Score : 6-10
- Game 2. St. Pats V Waikanae A. Score : 10-12
- Game 3. St. Pats V Raumati Beach B. Score: 9-11
- Game 4. St. Pats V Otaki. Score: 8-13
- Game 5. St. Pats V Paraparaumu. Score. 8-7 WIN
- Game 6. St. Pats V Kenakena. Score. 9-11
- Game 7. St.Pats V Paekakariki. Score. 6-9
- Game 8. St. Pats V Raumati Beach A. Score. 7-1?
And the final was: Raumati Beach A V Otaki. Score: 4-12. So for the second year in a row, Otaki won the Rippa Tournament, but it was a fun time going there to play Rippa Rugby, and although we only won 1 game, we didn’t come last. The Junior Team (yr5/6) played at the Tournament as well, and they won no games, but they were close (3points close) to winning some.
- Game 1. St.Pats V Paraparaumu. Score: 5-12
- Game 2. St.Pats V Raumati Beach. Score: 4-10
- Game 3. St.Pats V Kenakena. Score: 1-10
- Game 4. St.Pats V Otaki B. Score. 0-14
- Game 5. St.Pats V Otaki A. Score. 1-13
- Game 6. St.Pats V Paekakariki. Score. 6-9
- Game 7. St.Pats V Waikanae. Score. 5-10.
So even if the juniors didn’t win, they were trying their hardest. My sister was in the juniors, and she kept telling what happened in her games.
By Daniel S, St.Pats Rugby reporter.