Term Two has already started. It will be a busy term for us and a short term as we only have nine weeks in it, it ends on the 4th of July. We are already in Week 2.
What’s up this term?
- In Maths we are learning about multiplication and division strategies and problem solving.
- Many of the students are starting up their own blogs to share some of their writing – that means learning about what is okay to publish and how to use pictures.
- We have swimming lessons down at the Kapiti swimming pool – the new complex that opened in 2013. Some of us can swim but we will build on that, for some of us it means starting out at it. It is important for every New Zealander to learn to swim. Why?
- Sam will continue to come for a P.E. class on a Wednesday and we will still have Jump Jam with her on a Friday.
- We will also visit the Hongoeka Marae in Plimmerton. You can view our video of this from last time. Some of you were much younger then!
- We will continue to visit the Kapiti Library every fortnight on a Wednesday. Lots of great books to read!
- Year 8 will visit both Kapiti College and Paraparaumu College to have a look around to help them decide what college they will go to next year.
- We will have a school Mass for the feast day of the Sacred Heart and this term we are learning about the Holy Spirit and how the Spirit was active in the Old Testament.
- Of course we continue on with Daily Five in Literacy – who would dare to touch that – not me!
- Our topic this term is a science once and we are exploring the fauna of New Zealand – both native and introduced.
- We will continue to have French lessons with Madame Picot on a Wednesday.
So…. let’s get into it.
What new things will you learn this term? Keep noticing as it happens.