Each class had the opportunity of advocating for a chosen charity or good cause to donate money to, from the Mission Day fundraising. After much deliberation Room 8 decided on the Wellington Free Ambulance. We were able to send them $300.
Joseph undertook to write a letter on our behalf, it is as follows:
To The Wellington Free Ambulance,
Each year our school – St. Patrick’s Primary School Paraparaumu, has a school fair called Mission Day to fundraise for different organisations that look after and support people in need of food, money and medical care. This year our school managed to raise $2100 and have come to the conclusion to send $300 each to different charities and organisations; our class has decided that The Wellington Free Ambulance is a worthy recipient of a share of the money, so St. Patrick’s Primary has decided to donate $300 to The Wellington Free Ambulance. Here are some reasons why:
- They save lives and everyone has a chance to live and deserves the medical help to live.The Wellington Free Ambulance help people of all ages from newborn babies to elderly.
- It’s free
- They are there straight away.
- They are always extra cautious, no matter how minor an injury may be.
- They are 24/7.
- The paramedics have to cope with all the nasty and disturbing events which most people can’t handle.
- They are local.
- Many of us in our class have been helped and travelled in the Wellington Free Ambulance
- Giving the money to The Wellington Free Ambulance, our school will be contributing and looking at a great aspect of our local area’s needs and might inspire other schools or groups of people to also support this organisation.
We hope the $300 is helpful towards The Wellington Free Ambulance.
on behalf of
Room 8 St Patricks Primary School Paraparaumu.